Deer District Venue: New, State-of-the-Art Entertainment Venue in Downtown Milwaukee
We’re excited to give Milwaukee’s music lovers a dynamic entertainment venue, right in the heart of its growing entertainment district. Our new Deer District venue will provide ultramodern experiences for attendees and touring artists that will grow our local music scene.
With a sleek design and state-of-the-art amenities, this venue is sure to become a must-play destination for artists both at the developing level and those on the verge of playing arenas, amphitheaters, and stadiums.
Want to receive our email newsletter with project updates? You can sign up or adjust your subscription at any time here.
- Our venue will be a single-stage, ballroom-style venue with general admission, standing room areas as well as reserved seating and premium seating experiences.
- The artist and fan experiences are our main priority which is why we’re focusing on offering upgraded amenities for all. From a backstage that can handle modern and big tour productions to stellar sound engineering and great sightlines, we’re focusing on the details to create an unforgettable experience.
- We will operate year-round and host an estimated 55-60 events per year.
- Our venue will also serve the community for special events such as celebrations, corporate meetings, and weddings.
- In November 2023, the Milwaukee Common Council unanimously voted to approve our revised proposal (including the previously approved large venue).
- We hope to begin construction as soon as possible. We have an estimated 18-month build timeline and an expected completion date in 2025.
- The project cost is currently estimated at $60M. Our project is 100% privately funded with conventional financing. There are no public dollars being contributed to this project.
- The venue is estimated to pay $500K in property taxes and more than $350K in annual sales tax for the City of Milwaukee under the recently approved local sales tax.
- In October 2022, FPC Live announced labor agreements bringing together Miron Construction Co., JCP Construction, Milwaukee Area Service and Hospitality workers union, and the Milwaukee Building and Construction Trades Council.
Who is FPC Live?
- FPC Live, a division of Frank Productions, LLC, is a full-service concert promotion company involved in every facet of event management. We produce and promote live entertainment events across the country. We are a joint-venture partner of Live Nation, the largest promoter of live events in the world.
- We currently manage 8 owned-and-operated venues throughout the Midwest and South: High Noon Saloon, Majestic Theatre, Orpheum Theater, and The Sylvee in Madison, WI; The Blue Note and Rose Music Hall in Columbia, MO; Music Farm and Charleston Music Hall in Charleston, SC.
- In Milwaukee, our team works with venues like American Family Field, American Family Insurance Amphitheater, BMO Pavilion, and Fiserv Forum to bring national touring acts to the market. Some of FPC Live’s 2023 shows include Bruce Springsteen, Janet Jackson, Drake, P!NK, Jelly Roll, Los Bukis, Jonas Brothers, and more.
- In 2023 alone, we’re projected to have connected over 400,000 fans with their favorite artists in Milwaukee!